Friday, February 9, 2018

February 9, 2018

As we have read in Exodus this week about God's instructions, through Moses, for the building of the tabernacle and the making of the priests' vestments, these words have been repeated many times: "Consult with the skilled craftsmen, those whom I have gifted in this work..." It is clear that God gave specific gifts to His people, and that He fully expected them to use those gifts to bring Him glory, whether by measuring out lengths of lumber or sewing fine garments. 

I cannot help but think of all the many gifts God has given to the people who comprise the family at Lake Hills: the gifts of music, of teaching, of service, of hospitality, of encouragement, of compassion and caring, of organization, of leadership, of creativity, and on and on the list could go. I am continually blessed by the display, in humility, of God's gifts to us, the body of Christ at Lake Hills. And I ponder the question, "Am I fully utilizing the gifts God has given me to bring glory to Him?" Are you?

Blessings,

Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment