Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 28, 2018

From Lake Hills' own "Gal on the Street" reporter, Katie:


So…here's what people said about our Seder Study on March 25th…


I think the thing I took from it is the symbolism in the food. Suffering is revealed through the bitter food. And the sweetness in the apple dish signified God's love for us. It's interesting that we can draw a parallel between the food we eat and the emotions we experience.


I was struck by how the Jewish people involved the children in the ceremony so that they understood the history and the traditions. Hiding the matzah bag from the kids, making sure the kids asked certain questions…that's a way to ensure the religion continues.


There was tradition and a lot of wine involved. But perhaps they were used to imbibing back then and it didn't have an adverse effect. And the kids' wine was probably watered down.


I loved it! The experience was very meaningful. It made reading about Passover much more vivid.


I'd never been to a Seder meal even though I had heard about them for years. It meant a lot to me. I have a lot of Jewish friends, and now that I have a greater understanding of the Seder it helps me appreciate their religion more.


Thank you, Katie, for capturing these comments from our Seder study participants!


No comments:

Post a Comment